A good editor will:
- respect other editors by learning from them as much as possible.
- rename poorly named pages.
- link related pages.
- refactor content that doesn't match the templates or best practices
- assimilate content that is not in the appropriate point of view.
- amalgamate similar statements and arguments to be brief
- bifurcate - transforming negative criticism and disputes into separate, but parallel pages that present alternatives.
- disambiguate - confusing terms and pagenames by providing links to definitions and alternate meanings of a word.