InstructionsThank you for deploying the CartoGraf Profile for Tiki 12.x!
Here are the next steps:
- You should have latest 12.x from SVN: https://dev.tiki.org/Get+Code#Using_12.x_from_SVN
- Make sure you have enabled .htaccess file (needed to make the Map links work). Copying _htaccess to .htaccess in your Tiki installation folder usually does the trick. (Even better is to make a symlink)
- Download the latest version of the CartoGraf theme which is attached to the bottom of this page and unpack its contents (styles and templates) over your Tiki root folder (if you haven't done so already).
- Apply the Cartograf or Cartograf_FR profile
- Upload in the File Gallery (in the "Icons" gallery folder) some icons that can be used as markers on the maps. A great source is: https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com/. You can upload a zipped file and ask Tiki to unzip the files.
- If you create children file galleries, they will appear as such when picking a marker
- Upload in the File Gallery (in the "Image bank" gallery folder) some images that can be used for points of interests of zones. A great source is: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images. You can upload a zipped file and ask Tiki to unzip the files.
- Set a password for the demo user and update the Demo page to make it easy for new users to see how things work
- Set the sender email
- Update the Contact page so visitors can get in touch with you with questions
- Update the top and right-hand menus here
- If you want to add/remove colors in the legend, add them to the code at MapCanvasSolo and MapCanvasShare.
- You should also add a file of the same color in the "Icons" gallery folder.
- If you expect your site to host a large number of files, you may want to set the File Gallery storage to the file system (instead of the the default database storage)
- Go and create your custom language files as described at https://profiles.tiki.org/CartoGraf_languages This is to override generic Tiki labels by things which are more specific and make sense for CartoGraf
- You can change the "Available tile layers on maps" here
- Go to the Home page and enjoy
- This application relies heavily on Tiki's Unified Search feature so if you have strange errors like missing data or errors like "fopen(temp/unified-index/_5.sti) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied", make sure to review your setup. You can rebuild index by visiting tiki-admin.php?page=search&rebuild=now
Limit username patternCartoGraf relies heavily on Unified Search (Zend_Search_Lucene). Because of this, a username jean-marc won't work. Since hypens are often used in emails, you can't use CartoGraf with the pref "Use email as username" (login_is_email). Space and quote should also not be permitted. Theoretically, underscore (_) should work, but tests have demonstrated that is doesn't. Thus, we are restricting to only numbers and letters, without any accents.
One single languageCartoGraf can be deployed in any language but your instance can't support more than 1 language at once. It was originally developed for English or French. For another language, check the differences between the two profiles and extrapolate
Admin panel quirk
- After a rebuild tiki-admin.php?page=search&rebuild=now you can't scroll just on that page even if no map. Cause: Looks like rebuild includes all the js generated by every object in the page that comes back - needs to cache & restore header lib after rebuild
php installer/shell.php install; sh setup.sh -n fix ; php lib/search/shell.php rebuild; php lib/profilelib/shell.php install CartoGraf; php lib/profilelib/shell.php install Screencast ; sh setup.sh -n fix ; php lib/search/shell.php rebuild; sh setup.sh -n fix